One of my friends sent “Rules from God for 2010” to me in an email today. It had cute icons, some that were animated and some were not, but what was written made me take a look at how I start each day and how I handle things. It is so simple yet so profound and only takes a minute to read – let it sink in, determine to adhere to each rule every day, I know I will! Yesterday is gone, it’s in the past and there’s nothing we can do about it. Tomorrow is in the future and we cannot predict it so there’s no use worrying about it. Today however, is in the present, which is why they call it a gift, so make good use of it! Take care and God bless you. ^i^ Briggie
Rules from God for 2010
1. Wake Up !! Decide to have a good day. "Today is the day the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it" Psalms 118:24
2.Dress Up !! The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance; but the Lord looks at the heart."
I Samuel 16:7
3 . Shut Up!! Say nice things and learn to listen. God gave us two ears and one mouth, so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking. "He who guards his lips guards his soul." Proverbs 13:3
4. Stand Up!!….. For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything.. "Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good…" Galatians 6:9-10
5. Look Up !!… To the Lord. "I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
6. Reach Up !!… For something higher. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, And He will direct your path."
7. Lift Up !!… Your Prayers. God answers prayers, maybe not the way we want, but always the way we need. "Do not worry about anything; Instead PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING." Philippians 4:6