Sometimes I get stuck for ideas for a TT so I’m taking an idea from a TT post I read last week. I’m going to try and post 13 words using the alphabet and then I’ll try to relate the words to myself- I wonder how far I’ll get???
13 words using the letter A –
1. Apples – I remember watching my Grandmom Finnegan make baked apples when I was a little girl and sometimes she would have me collect crab apples for her too. I loved watching her peel the apples, she could peel the skin off without breaking and I would eat the long spirals of red apple flesh.
2. Ants – When I was in grade school, one of my teachers took the class outside looking for ant hills. She dug up a big ant hill and showed us how they tunnel and dig under the earth – I was fascinated and my mom bought me an ant farm kit and I collect ants and watched them create their tunnels.
3. ABBA – One of my favorite bands of all time. I wish they hadn’t broken up so soon. It would be so awesome if they did a reunion tour!
4. Airplane – One summer we went to visit my Mom and Stepdad at their place down the shore (Maryland OC) and my mom took my daughter on a long walk on the beach and when they came back my daughter looked up in the sky and pointed and said, “1 airplane”. My mom had spent their entire walk teaching her to say the word 1 and airplane. They were both so proud of themselves. How cute is that?
5. Art – I love artwork. I love watching people as they create things. I am not very artistic but I have friends that are. My oldest daughter is a good painter and my youngest son is very good at drawing. I wish I could paint or draw.
6. Angel – I believe in angels and I believe God places them around us. I think that when we are younger, we are able to see them but as we get older we lose this ability or gift if you will. I think this is mainly because we let the world and it’s junk cloud our minds and we are less willing to believe in them.
7. Anchovies – Yuck! I really, really, really don’t like them. My husband and kids love them, but just the thought of them makes me cringe.
8. Alaska – I would love to visit Alaska one day. I hear it is so beautiful there. I watch the show Deadliest Catch and every now and then they show some of the landscape and it takes my breath away.
9. Academics – I love learning and would love to go back to school if I had the finances. Right now we’re putting our 3rd child through college and have 1 more still in high school. As a kid I was what you would call a Nerd! Our kids know, getting a good education is first and foremost, all other activities are secondary.
10. Alto – I was an Alto in my High School Choir even though I could also sing Soprano. I love singing and I’m pretty good, but my kids are way better than I am. My daughter was asked to sing at a friends wedding and my son is the lead singer in a local band. I’m going to see him sing this weekend, hope I don’t cry…
11. Australia – One of the things on my “bucket list” is to visit Australia. I have always been fascinated with this country and hope to go there someday.
12. Armeggedon – It’s amazing to me the number of movies, books, and products that have this as their title. Some of the things that come to my mind is the movie with Bruce Willis and an installment of the Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. I loved both by the way! Oh, let’s not forget the book of Revelation, thank God I won’t be around for that!
13. Ankle – Oh, I shudder at the thought of this word. When I was a kid, I was doing cartwheels in the basement before the school bus came and got my right ankle caught in a huge thick chain that was in the rafters. Ever since then, my ankle was prone to giving out. It would give out all the time and sometimes it would be so bad that my ankle would swell up and be as thick as my calf and then it would turn black and blue and purple. Oh, and the pain was unbearable. I would be so afraid to walk down the block for fear it would give out, or get twisted. I still walk with my head down looking for sticks, stones, divets, or uneven pavement.