I saw this posted at The Diaper Diaries who saw this over at Blog in my Eye and and I decided to get in on the fun. You are supposed to bold everything you have done. Comments in italics are from The Diaper Diaries, Comments underlined are from me! Have fun!!
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink – okay so there were only 3 us in the bar at the time!
02. Swam with wild dolphins – uh no thank you…
03. Climbed a mountain – if you count climbing the mound of laundry in my basement to get to the washer
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula- no thank you! call me stupid, but why would i want to do this?
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone- a future challenge? – okay, 1st I would need a bigger tub, a much bigger tub!!
08. Said “I love you” and meant it – I know I meant it when I said it because I said it while I was sedated!
09. Hugged a tree – what can I say, I had a lonely childhood
10. Bungee jumped – between this and the tarantula, i’ll take the tarantula..
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea – uhm, isn’t mixing lightning and water a bad thing???
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise – several times courtesy of menopause!!!
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa – i can barely walk the stairs to the upstairs of my house are you kidding me???
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables – mmmm, love me some Jersey ‘maters
18. Touched an iceberg – um, excuse me, didn’t you see Titanic??
19. Slept under the stars- does in a tent count? ditto
20. Changed a baby’s diaper – more times than I care to remember thank you very much!
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon –no, but I’ve sucked in the helium from a balloon and talked like a munchkin…hehehe 22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne– is it possible not to do this, the stuff goes straight to my head.
24. Given more than you can afford to charity– I don’t think giving is ever affordable per se. It is being obedient to God. it all belongs to God anyway and He supplies all my needs according to His riches!!
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope – if you haven’t done this, put it on your “bucket list” (a bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket – get it??)
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment– I really should blog about this sometime. I laugh whenever I get really upset or nervous so the answer to this is YES, YES, YES
27. Had a food fight – If you have kids, then the answer to this one is YES!
28. Bet on a winning horse 29. Asked out a stranger- once, he said no
30. Had a snowball fight – every time it snows and sometimes in the frozen food section of the grocery store
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can– did I mention I have children? you know it’s loud when the dogs from the neighborhood stop barking… 32. Held a lamb – kids = visiting petting zoo’s
33. Seen a total eclipse – we used those cool periscope thingy’s when I was a kid – so awesome!!
34. Ridden a roller coaster – and now that I’ve lost a lot of weight I can fit on them again, yippe 35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking – every chance I get!
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day– while in London, just to drive the hubby nuts!
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment– many moments at the birth of each of my kids
39. Had two hard drives for your computer – hooray for Iomega Zip Drives
40. Visited all 50 states 41. Taken care of someone who was drunk – what if the someone was yourself??
42. Had/Have amazing friends– don’t 41 and 42 go hand in hand wouldn’t have made it this far without them!
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign countrys 44. Watched whales – does watching The Discovery Channel count?
45. Stolen a sign – guilty…hehehehehehe
46. Backpacked in Europe 47. Taken a road-trip – spent a whole summer in the backseat of my nana and grandad’s car while we went cross county. I grew 2 sizes that summer – too much road and not enough trip…
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your cds– the only way to store them – did I mention I have OCD???
57. Pretended to be a superhero- probably when I was younger in my Wonder Woman underoos – no, but I did pretend to be Miss America when I was younger – I used TP for my sash – oh the memories.. 58. Sung karaoke- my specialty does singing in the shower count??
59. Lounged around in bed all day – uh, yeah, like it’s my specialty these days.
60. Played touch football
61. Gone scuba diving – Snorkeling, yes. Scuba, no.
62. Kissed in the rain – yeah but it wasn’t anything like the rain kiss from The Notebook but I’m not giving up on that yet!!
63. Played in the mud – I was Queen of the mudpie baby! really ask my Mom…
64. Played in the rain – uhm, mud and rain go hand in hand
65. Gone to a drive-in theater – I miss drive-ins, they were the bomb!
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business – got one, visit www.jbmall.biz
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken- thank God for the hubby!
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced – sadly yes, I was way to young
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch – it can get messy, but so much fun to do
78. Won first prize in a costume contest – when I was in 4th grade my mom dressed me up like Gina Lolabridgida – i was very well endowed and the judges were all men…
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the snake river
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”
83. Gotten flowers for no reason – do dandelions from your babies count??
84. Performed on stage – oh the memories this question brings back…
85. Been to Las Vegas – wish I was older so I could have enjoyed it more
86. Recorded music – if you count taping music off the radio…hehehehe
87. Eaten shark
88. Kissed on the first date
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house – now this is an experience that makes childbirth seem like a walk in the park
91. Been in a combat zone – i’ve got 4 kids, every time I walk into their rooms i wear a helmet and a flack jacket
92. Buried one/both of your parents – this is a sad question, my dad passed away the week before Thanksgiving last year
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently – again, I’ve got kids, ’nuff said…
95. Performed in a Rocky Horror Picture Show – no but I lived around the corner from a movie theater that would have a Rocky Horror Picture Show airing every Saturday night at midnight
96. Raised children – in progress – 3 down and one to go, but now that I think about it, do we ever stop???
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Passed out cold – sadly, getting blood drawn – ditto, that’s when I learned I was both anemic and diabetic
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking – every time I get the chance…
103. Had plastic surgery – not yet, but next year I’m giving “the girls” a lift
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived – Praise God for His angels
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds – almost, I’m at 74 and still going
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart
111. Helped an animal give birth 112. Won money on a TV game show – yeah on Jeopardy and Wheel Of Fortune, but I was playing from my living room so I don’t think it counts…
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari – does the drive through safari at Great Adventure count?
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears- see here
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse – if you can call being in the saddle of a runaway horse and the reigns dragging on the ground, then having to jump off to avoid being decapitated riding a horse, then yes…
119. Had major surgery – yes, twice and prayerfully never again.
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept 30 hours in a 48 hour time frame – more times than I care to remember
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi – YUMMY!!
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school – I got my Paralegal Certification back in 1982 through Rowan University and now i’m trying to get my MBA online but I think I’m the kind that needs the classroom environment
132. Touched a cockroach – no, but I killed many a cockroach in my first apartment. thank God my cousin is an exterminator, the stuff he used was so good everyone’s apartment in my vicinity was cockroach free!!
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes – I’m from Maryland, do bears poo in the woods…
134. Read “The Iliad” – if you haven’t read it, put it on your “bucket list” – The Oddessy was good too!
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions – this year is my 30th year reunion and the first time I ever got an invite. mind you I’ve lived in this house since 1985!!! – am I going to this one???…NO!!
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office – does PTO president count???, how ’bout girlscout leader or den mother???
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream- somehow in the midst of my crazy days, I often think this
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair – this is really a lot of fun as long as you have a comfy chair and a place to go potty closeby..
146. Dyed your hair – yeah, looking at a head full of silver and grey hair just depresses me, unless of course it’s Sean Connery’s head then I’m all for it…
147. Been a DJ – Gotta love college radio
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident – well, I didn’t cause it, the spider that dropped down from my visor and into my face did it… stupid spider…
150. Saved someone’s life – did I mention I have 4 kids…trust me, at some point in their lives you’ll remind them that while you may have given them life, you also have the ability to take it as well.
How interesting are some of these???. Some of the things on the list I would never want to do, but some got me thinking. Wanna play? Let me know if you do so I can come check it out.