This week, my TT will be 13 things I am thankful for (in no specific order):
1. I am thankful for my loving husband who puts up with my mood swings, my need to be right and still makes me laugh.
2. I am thankful for each of my children, the 4 who are with me and the 2 who are with the Lord. They keep me young, keep me up to date on what’s going on today, make me laugh so hard I can barely stand and make me so proud to be their mom.
3. I am thankful for my family and friends no matter how crazy they are and that they have kept me close to their hearts and have been by my side through the good times and the not so good times.
4. I am thankful that God has blessed us with a roof over our heads, cars to get us all where we need to go, clothes for our backs and food for our tummies.
5. I am thankful for the love and grace given to me by my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ without whom I would not be here.
6. I am thankful that I live in a country where I have freedom of speech, freedom of religion and other freedoms too numerous to list.
7. I am thankful that my husband finally decided to support me in my decision to have WLS and that to date I have lost over 58 pounds and have gained my sense of self and purpose.
8. I am thankful to have my oldest son home for the first time in over 7 years when he joined the Navy.
9. I am thankful that my oldest daughter has found her soul mate and that he is a wonderful man who loves her, treasures her and fits right in with our family.
10. I am thankful that God is in my life and when things get to be too much to handle, I can call on Him and He’ll carry my burden and deal with the nonsense that I cannot.
11. I am thankful that summer is nearly over and the weather will start to get cooler so I can haul out my hoodies, dust off my crockpot and put lots and lots of mums, cornstalks and pumpkins in the yard and watch football on Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays!!!
12. I am thankful that even though I have been out of work for over 3 years, God has sustained us financially. I know that without Him we would not have been able to make it.
13. I am thankful that my husband loves me so much that he would put aside his dislike for animals, and let me keep my doggie Biskit who keeps me company, makes me laugh and has so much love to give it sometimes makes me cry when I think of all the dogs out there that have no homes to go to.
Click on Mister Linky to add your Thursday Thirteen or view other Thursday Thirteener’s.