My Journey Toward A New Life

Okay, so I left off at the point where I found Dr. Dallal and Einstein Bariatrics.  I completed the gigantic pre-screening packet and went to office depot and faxed it to them at like 930pm, that’s how eager I was to get the process started.  I must have called their office like 3 times in 2 weeks to make sure they got the packet and if they were considering taking me on as a patient.  The week before Thanksgiving I got the call and I was officially one of their patients and had my first appointment Dec 8th, just 3 days before my 47th birthday, what a great present I was giving myself!!  Just a few days after I got the call, I got another call from my stepmom saying my dad had suddenly passed away—pause—WHAT???—no way, I just talked to him last week he was fine, what happened???  I was devastated, my dad apparently had a blood clot that went to  his brain and he died instantly.  I was upset because I was not able to say goodbye, but thankful that he did not suffer.  I pretty much shut down for a bit, and then the day before my appointment with Dr. Dallal, I got a call from their office stating they had to reschedule my appointment because his wife was in labor.  Ugh, I mean really, something was conspiring against me and all I could hear was my husband saying, maybe this is God saying he doesn’t want you to have this surgery.  He never actually said that to me, but I know he was thinking it, and I was kinda thinking maybe God was trying to tell me not to do it.  Needless to say I bound the enemy and the thoughts that were in my head, rescheduled my appointment and moved forward.  I finally had my first appointment with Dr. Dallal the week before Christmas and if I had any doubts about him or his staff, they were blown away.  I knew I found the right doctor, he was everything I had hoped for and more, and what was even better, my husband really liked him and got behind me 200%.  My next appointment was with the nutrionist, physical therapist, physcologist and Dr. Dallal’s assistant.  It ended up being about a 4 hour appointment but I was just thrilled to have met everyone and to know that I had the best team of doctors, nurses and support staff.  I spent the next month getting all the tests they wanted me to have and had a bit of a scare when they found 2 lumps in my left breast during a routine mammogram.  Linda from Dr. Dallal’s office called me early one morning to tell me I had a lump and they wanted me to see a breast surgeon.  She referred me to Dr. Jablon and she is the best there is, trust me.  I had to battle my doctors office and the insurance company to get the referral to see Dr. Jablon but it was worth it, she is thorough and let’s you know exactly what she is doing and why.  Dr. Jablon said because the 2 lumps were small and connected, she would just remove them and then do a biopsy to avoid having to  make another trip.  I had everyone praying for me and praise God, when they did the Needle Location both the lumps were gone – only God could do that, and the entire office was so happy and excited and praising God with me!  I have to get follow-up mammo’s every 6 months but I don’t mind, better safe than sorry.  I’ll stop here for now, take care and God Bless.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s